Florida Car Accident Lawyer
What Should I Do After a Car Accident?
1. Call 911- Report the crash to the police and get immediate medical assistance for yourself and others injured. Please be aware it is critical that you visit a doctor for an evaluation after any serious accident even if no immediate pain is present.
2. Exchange contact information - Make a record of the other drivers involved in the crash. Record their driver’s license and license plate number, as well as the name of their auto insurance company and policy number.
3. Identify witnesses - Obtain names, addresses, and phone numbers of any individuals which might have witnessed the accident.
4. Take photographs - Take cell phone pictures or video at the scene of the accident if possible, including the property damage to all vehicles involved.
5. Do not discuss - It’s important not to provide any statements on the internet or otherwise and allow your attorneys to conduct a thorough investigation. Your insurance company should be notified of the accident. However, do not provide a written or recorded statement. Do not admit fault. Do not agree to any settlement. Say nothing except to your attorney or your doctor until the case is properly and fully resolved. If you get calls from other parties, including the other driver’s insurance company, refer them to us.
How Did Your Car Accident Happen?
How to Choose the Right Car Accident Lawyer
Your Car Accident Lawyer Specializes
Would you hire an interior decorator to fix your car? Would you hire a car mechanic to design your home? The answer to both questions is probably, no. So why would you hire a criminal lawyer or business law attorney to represent you in court for your car accident case? A lawyer who specializes in car accident law will be able to best assist you with your options and inform you of your legal rights.
Your Car Accident Lawyer Has Adequate Resources
Auto crash cases can get costly to prosecute, particularly when complex legal issues are involved. Your attorneys should not have any difficulties financing all legal fees, hiring the appropriate investigators and experts, and completing your case. Hiring a lawyer who lacks the financial resources to fund cover the charges related to you case may result in a compromised claim.
Your Car Accident Lawyer Provides Personal Attention
The right attorney for you should have a reputation for maintaining close communication with their client. A good car accident attorney will have clear and transparent communication with you about the progress of your case.
Do I Have Grounds for a Car Accident Claim?
According to the Florida Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles, state agencies reported a total of 400,863 car accidents in 2019. Not all of those accidents resulted in personal injury claims, but many did. In all, FLHSMV reported over 250,000 injuries that year. But how do you know if you have grounds to file a claim for personal injury due to a car accident in Florida? What happens if you file a claim only to find out your claim isn’t valid?
The best decision you can make following a car accident in which you or a loved one is injured is to reach out to an experienced lawyer for help. Unfortunately, many people make the decision to file claims without an attorney only to be take advantage of insurance companies and denied their benefits. Worse, too many people decide that filing an injury claim isn’t worth the hassle and either pay out of pocket or live a life of pain. Many others are concerned that they may be found at fault for the accident, even when they know it wasn’t their fault.
Florida’s comparative negligence law allows for adjustments when determining responsibility for an accident. When the injured person is found to be partially at fault, benefits they can claim will be reduced or "offset." Far too often, injured people decide it isn’t worth the risk to file a claim because it’s partially or mostly their fault the accident happened. We offer a free consultation specifically to address your concerns about filing a car accident claim. Our experienced team will review the facts of your case. Our lawyers often hear from people that thought they shouldn’t file a claim only to realize the potential value of their case is greater than initially thought. The longer a person waits to file a claim for personal injury in Florida, the more difficult a successful recovery becomes.
How Can a Car Accident Lawyer Help Me?
After being hurt in a car accident, some people might think they should handle their car accident claim on their own. What many victims do not realize is that they could end up with much less money than what their case is worth, due to an improperly handled claim process. Don’t make the mistake of getting taken advantage of by manipulative insurance companies. Partner with AJK Legal, and equip yourself with the type of experienced Florida auto accident attorneys only our firm can provide.
Our personal injury car accident attorneys can assist with every aspect of your car accident claim, including:
1. Conducting a proper investigation for your injuries
2. Calculating the value of your claim
3. Collecting supporting evidence and documentation
4. Preparing and filing your claim
5. Proving who was at fault
6. Negotiating with the insurance companies
7. Fighting for the maximum settlement offer you deserve
What Our Clients Are Saying
Top Personal Injury Attorney
“Mr. Alexander is a top personal injury attorney. I am deeply grateful for his commitment and persistent efforts on my behalf.
I found comfort with AJK Legal following my accident. They helped me to a speedy recovery and achieved amazing results. I would recommend this law firm to those looking to recover the most after a serious injury."
Highly Recommended Law Firm
“I highly recommend Mr. Korolinsky and his team. Professional and compassionate, someone was always available to address my questions.
After a serious accident, Mr. Korolinsky and his team fought tooth and nail to ensure that my family and I received the maximum and just compensation. Thank you!”
Excellent Lawyer. Great Team.
“I highly recommend this firm. Mr. Korolinsky is an excellent lawyer who knows how to get the right results. He fought for me when I needed it the most. Great lawyer. Great team.”
How much is my car accident injury case worth?A lawsuit may seek compensation for past and future pain and suffering, all related present and future medical bills and expenses, lost wages, future lost wages, loss of consortium for loss of intimacy or support from a spouse, as well as funeral costs and death-related expenses.
Costs and expenses vary from case to case depending on the severity of the injuries and extent of the medical treatment.