Why Choose Us?
Our Team has obtained Millions of Dollars in Recoveries
How to Choose a Motorcycle Accident Lawyer
Choosing the right motorcycle accident lawyer in Florida can make all of the difference for your case. If your or a family member has been involved in a motorcycle accident, finding the right legal representation is critical. Consider the following qualities when it comes time to choosing a motorcycle accident attorney to represent your compensation claims in court:
● Pertinent Knowledge and Training – First and foremost, your chosen lawyer should specialize in your needed legal field. In this case, you’d need to look for an attorney or law firm who is focused on Florida accident and compensation law. Beyond that, you may also want to find a lawyer who has knowledge of Florida’s motorcycle laws so that they can form an adequate legal strategy from the get-go.
● Relevant Experience – Your ideal lawyer should possess experience in cases like your own. To that end, your chosen lawyer should be able to give examples of past legal successes for clients like yourself who have become accident victims. This can be a sure indicator of that lawyer’s capabilities beyond their basic knowledge.
● A Solid Reputation – Whenever possible, you should look into your prospective lawyer’s reputation. Websites like Avvo, for example, can help you see reviews and ratings from previous clients of that lawyer. These can help you better understand if your prospective lawyer has met previous expectations relating to their services and results.
Of course, any lawyer can claim that they possess these qualities. However, only a legal team like AJK Legal has what it takes to put proof behind their words. We possess a verifiable track record of knowledge and experience that have allowed us to build a reputation as one of Florida’s client top rated motorcycle accident law firms.
Our Accident Attorneys handle claims involving
- Head, Back, or Neck injury
- Concussion or Paralysis
- Fractures or Burns
- Brain injury
What Causes Motorcycle Accidents in Florida?
Here are a few of the most common causes of motorcycle accidents in Florida:
● Distracted Driving – On the road today motorists can be distracted by any number of things. Most notably, cell phones pose a major distraction to Floridian drivers, causing them to take their eyes off the road for seconds at a time. In that time, an accident can occur, leading to a motorcyclist’s injury or even death.
● Tailgating – Tailgating is the practice of following behind another motorist at a short distance, either as a habit or as a means of intimidation. In either case, the minimized distance between those two vehicles puts them both at a higher risk for a crash if the leading vehicle needs to slow down suddenly. Motorcyclists, in particular, are put at serious risk for injury in these short distance collisions.
● Driver Fatigue – Some drivers travel long distances through Florida. While this is sometimes necessary to see the state’s many sights, it does not excuse getting behind the wheel while fatigued. Driving while drowsy can slow down reaction times, making a motorcycle crash more likely when roadway conditions suddenly change.
● Intoxicated Driving – The state of Florida maintains legal limits for how much alcohol a driver can have in their system while behind the wheel. Even without reaching that limit, an intoxicated driver may cause an accident due to their impaired vision and delayed reaction times. This can also be the case with many illegal substances as well as some prescription drugs.
● Hazardous Weather Conditions – Here in Florida, the weather can change in the blink of an eye. That’s why all drivers must be prepared to adapt to changing roadway conditions at a moment’s notice. This includes decreasing speeds and using proper signaling so that other drivers can see you through fog and rain. If not, an accident may occur – especially with a motorcyclist, who is less able to protect themselves against the same elements.
● Sudden Stops – Whether in town or on the interstate, drivers in Florida are expected to follow certain kinds of roadway etiquette. This includes avoiding sudden stops, which can cause major traffic disruptions at any speed. In particular, these kinds of stops can be hazardous to motorcyclists. That’s because a small fender-bender between two cars would result in a biker being thrown from their motorcycle under the same circumstances.
● Improper Lane Change – An improper lane change is also a major risk to motorcyclists across the state of Florida. This is because many motorists do not properly check their mirrors and their blind spot before merging over. This can cause them to miss a smaller motor vehicle, such as a motorcycle. In turn, merging over towards a motorcyclist can force them off the road or cause a sudden collision that seriously harms the rider.
What Our Clients Are Saying
“Mr. Alexander is the best personal injury attorney in Florida. My deepest gratitude for his commitment and relentless efforts on my behalf.
I found comfort with AJK Legal after my accident. They helped me to a speedy recovery and achieved amazing results. I recommend this law firm to those looking to recover the most after a serious injury."
“I highly recommend Mr. Korolinsky and his team. Professional and compassionate, someone was always available to address my questions or concerns.
After an unfortunate accident, Mr. Korolinsky and his team fought tooth and nail to make sure that I received the maximum compensation my family and I deserved. Thank you!!”
“I highly recommend this firm. Mr. Korolinsky is an excellent lawyer who knows how to get the right results. He fought for me when I needed it the most. Great lawyer! Great team!”
Office and Locations
We are available for consultation throughout all of Miami-Dade County including the following locations:
How will hiring a Miami Personal Injury Attorney help?1. Investigate - We will investigate all aspects of the accident including facts which may identifying other potential negligent parties such as employers, manufacturers, retailers, municipalities, and others who may be at fault. Our experienced accident lawyers will gather critical evidence such as police reports, witness statements, photographs, video footage, medical records and reports, employer records, and others.
2. Assist - Our team will assist you in finding the best medical doctors available for your injuries, and ensure that you don't pay for your medical bills or legal services out of pocket. We charge no upfront fees or costs to you.
3. Protect - We will help to protect your interests and speak with third parties, including adverse insurance companies, investigators, and lawyers on your behalf.
4. Negotiate - Our team of skilled lawyers negotiate with our clients' best interests in mind and will aggressively pursue the highest possible recovery.
5. Litigate - Our motorcycle accident injury lawyers will not hesitate to take a case to trial and apply the maximum pressure on the other side when it is in our clients' best interest.
What should I do after an accident?
- 1. Call 911 - Report the crash to the police and get immediate medical assistance for yourself and others injured. Please be aware it is critical that you visit a doctor for an evaluation after any serious accident even if no immediate pain is present.
2. Exchange contact information - Make a record of the other drivers involved in the crash. Record their driver’s license and license plate number, as well as the name of their auto insurance company and policy number.
3. Identify witnesses - Obtain names, addresses, and phone numbers of any individuals which might have witnessed the accident.
4. Take photographs - Take cell phone pictures or video at the scene of the accident if possible, including the property damage to all vehicles involved.
5. Do not discuss - It’s important not to provide any statements on the internet or otherwise and allow your attorneys to conduct a thorough investigation. Your insurance company should be notified of the accident. However, do not provide a written or recorded statement. Do not admit fault. Do not agree to any settlement. Say nothing except to your attorney or your doctor until the case is properly and fully resolved. If you get calls from other parties, including the other driver’s insurance company, refer them to us.
What is meant by a “no-fault” state?Florida is a “No-Fault” insurance state because there is no requirement to prove fault after an accident. A driver's respective Personal Injury Protection insurance is responsible for paying medical bills and lost wages as a result of an accident, regardless of which driver was at-fault. Every vehicle owner and driver is required by Florida’s PIP law to carry at least $10,000 of coverage under their policy.
How long do I have to pursue an injury case?Under Florida Law, accident victims generally have four years from the date of the accident to file a personal injury claim.
How much is my accident injury case worth?A lawsuit may seek compensation for past and future pain and suffering, all related present and future medical bills and expenses, lost wages, future lost wages, loss of consortium for loss of intimacy or support from a spouse, as well as funeral costs and death-related expenses.
Costs and expenses vary from case to case depending on the severity of the injuries and extent of the medical treatment.