Updated: July 2021.
What Information do we collect?We collect certain types of technical information provided by the browser of the computer, tablet or mobile device used when visiting. This information is typically collected through a variety of tracking technologies, including cookies, web beacons, Locally Stored Objects (LSOs such as HTML5), log files, and similar technology, and we may use third party providers to collect this information on our behalf.
Usage Details, IP Addresses, and Browser Information.When you visit our website, we collect technical information such as the identity of your Internet Protocol (IP) address, your computer or device's operating system and browser type, geo-location data, and the pages of our website that you visit. Most browsers transmit this type of information to websites automatically. We will anonymize your IP address. We collect this information to administer and manage our website, to ensure that it functions properly and to review aggregate information. We may also collect data about the device you’re using to access our website. This data may include the device type, operating system, unique device identifiers, device settings, and geo-location data. What we collect can depend on the individual settings of your device and software. We recommend checking the policies of your device manufacturer or software provider to learn what information they make available to us.
Analytics and behavioral information.We may collect analytics data, or use third-party analytics tools such as Google Analytics and Amplitude Analytics, to help us measure traffic, user events, and usage trends for the Services and to understand more about the demographics of our users. We may also track analytics data and viewing activity of content created by or hosted on the Service. You can learn more about Google’s practices at http://www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners. and view its currently available opt-out options at https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout. We may also work with third party partners to employ technologies, including the application of statistical modeling tools, which permit us to recognize and contact you across multiple devices.
Personal informationWe may ask for personal information, such as your: Name, Email, Social media profiles, Date of birth, Phone/mobile number, Home/Mailing address, Work address, and Payment information.
How We Use or Process Your InformationWe may process the information you provide and that we collect via our website to:
• To fulfill or meet the reasons you provided us the information, including to process your requests, transactions or payments and to prevent transaction fraud.
• To respond to your inquires, process your requests concerning your personal information in our possession, to investigate and address your concerns and to monitor and improve our responses.
• To help maintain the safety, security, and integrity of our website, products, services, databases, networks, and other technical assets and business.
• Deliver any requested products or services, or to provide you with customer support.
• Improve, develop, modify or support our website, products and services, to update and maintain client, subscription or email lists and for other internal purposes.
• Respond to requests for information, to respond to ("RFPs") requests for proposals, or to provide information about legal services that you request.
• Respond to lawful requests for information through court orders, subpoenas, warrants and other legal process, obligations or governmental regulations.
• Protect the operations of our law firm, or the safety, security and privacy of our Firm, our lawyers and staff, our clients or third parties. This potentially includes sharing information with others for purposes of fraud protection, information security, and related matters.
We do not sell the personal information you provide us.
We will not share your personal information with third parties for marketing purposes.
We will not use your personal data for making any automated decisions affecting you or your legal rights or for creating profiles other than as described above.
With Whom We Will Share Your InformationWe may share the information you provide us on a confidential basis with the following categories of third parties such as contractors, vendors, or service providers that support our Firm's operations and our website, but only for those purposes. This may include, for instance, tracking registrations, confirming attendance, and providing your biographic information to attendees of our programs. When we disclose any personal information for these purposes we require that the recipient keep the information confidential and not to use if for any other purpose. We may also share your personal information with courts, law enforcement authorities, regulators, attorneys or other parties when it is reasonably necessary for the establishment, exercise or defense of a legal or equitable claim, or for purposes of an alternative dispute resolution process; to comply with a subpoena or court order, legal process, or other legal requirement or when we believe in good faith that such disclosure is necessary to comply with the law, prevent imminent physical harm or material financial loss; to investigate, prevent or take action concerning illegal activities, suspected fraud, threats to our Firm, any of its lawyers or our property; or as necessary in connection with an investigation of fraud, intellectual property infringement, piracy or other unlawful activity.
Notice to MinorsNo visitor to our website who is a minor or under the age of 18 should provide any personal information to our Firm. If you are a minor, do not visit our website, blogs or social media sites and do not send any type of personal information about yourself to our Firm or website. Our Firm's website is not directed at and is not intended to be visited by minors.
Your CCPA Privacy RightsThe CCPA provides California residents with the right to request that our Firm disclose:
• Categories of any personal information we collected about you.
• Specific pieces of personal information we collected about you.
• Categories of sources for any personal information we collected about you.
• Our business or commercial purpose for collecting that personal information.
• Categories of any third parties with whom we shared your personal information.
• Categories of any personal information we disclosed about you for a business purpose.
• Your right to request that we delete any personal information about you that we collected from you, subject to certain exceptions outlined below.
• Your right not to receive discriminatory treatment for the exercise of your privacy rights conferred by CCPA. By availing yourself to any of the rights afforded in this Privacy Notice you are declaring that you are a California resident. Requests to Delete Personal Information You have the right to request that we delete any of your personal information collected from you. Once we receive and confirm your request, we will delete the information from our records unless an exception applies.
How To Exercise Your Privacy RightsYou can exercise your rights to request and obtain certain information regarding our disclosure, if any, of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. You can make a request by mailing: AJK Legal, 400 N. Ashley Dr. Ste 2600, Tampa FL, 33602. Please describe your request in sufficient detail to allow us to understand the nature of the request, evaluate and respond to it. Please provide sufficient information (including your full name, e-mail address, and street address) with your request to allow us to verify that you are the person about whom we collected personal information, or an authorized representative of that person. Attest to the fact that you are a California resident and provide a current California street address (not a post office box) for our response.
How We Will Verify and RespondBefore we respond to any request involving personal information, the CCPA requires that we confirm the identity of the person making the request, and if the request is made on behalf of another person, his or her authority to make the request on the other person’s behalf. We are not obligated to provide or to delete any information pursuant to your request if we are unable to adequately verify your identity or the identity of the person making the request on your behalf. Accordingly, we reserve the right to deny any request where we are unable to satisfactorily confirm your identity. If you have authorized someone to make a request on your behalf, we reserve the right to deny the request if we are unable to adequately verify the identity of that person or if we are unable to verify that the individual making the request is authorized to act on your behalf. The amount of information we may require in our verification process will depend on a variety of factors including the nature of your request, the type, sensitivity and value of the personal information in our possession, the potential risk of harm that could result from any unauthorized access to or deletion of your personal information, the likelihood that fraudulent or malicious actors would seek your information and whether the information provided to us in your request is sufficient to protect against fraudulent requests or being fabricated or spoofed. For instance we will require more points of confirmation if you request that we disclose specific pieces of information rather than categories of information in our possession. Concerning a request to delete information, once we confirm your identity we will separately confirm that you want the information deleted. During our verification process, we may request additional information from you. Any information provided to the Firm during our verification process will only be used for purposes of verifying your identity or the identity and/or authority of the person making the request. If we deny a request in whole or in part we will endeavor to explain the reasons for our denial.
Any disclosures we make will only cover the twelve (12) month period preceding the request.