Should I hire a Tampa Car Accident Lawyer?
If you have been in a serious car accident, it is critical that you hire a law firm with a successful track record in car accident cases. These include any accident that resulted in emergency medical care, hospitalization, and / or rendered you unable to work. This is not the time to go it alone. Insurance companies will do their best to minimize your claim, regardless of your injuries. Sometimes the other person involved in the accident will dispute who is at fault. These situations arise. AJK Legal has helped thousands of victims of car accidents and injury cases. We know the tactics of the defense because we have faced them and we know how to counter them. And if you think you can't afford to hire an attorney, think again. Our personal injury team works on a contingent basis. This means we will only charge you a fee if we recover compesation for you. You pay no upfront fees or costs. And in the unlikely event that we are unable to obtain compensation for you, you owe us nothing. In other words, if we don't win, we don't get paid! Call us today and receive a free, no obligation, consultation.
How will hiring a Tampa Car Accident Lawyer help?
Assist - Our team will assist you in finding the best medical doctors available for your injuries, and ensure that you don't pay for your medical bills or legal services out of pocket. We will go to depth to determine the causes and identify those responsible. We will help identify, and seek compensation from, everyone who caused your accident.
Protect - We will protect your rights when dealing with third parties , including adverse insurance companies, investigators, and lawyers on your behalf. We will fight abusive insurers on your part and work hard to achieve a meaningful settlement. Our skilled lawyers negotiate with our clients' best interests in mind and will aggressively pursue the highest possible recovery in your case.
Litigate - Our Tampa car accident injury lawyers will not hesitate to apply the maximum pressure on the other side when it is in our clients' best interest. If the insurers do not want to cooperate or you are not satisfied with the settlement offer you received, our Tampa car accident attorneys will not hesitate to take your case to court. Our goal is to help you in any way that we can. We will handle all aspects of your legal case so that you can focus on recovering.
Do I Have Grounds for a Car Accident Claim in Tampa?
1) that you were owed a duty of care;
2) that duty of care was breached;
3) that the breach of duty was the direct cause of your harm;
4) and that your suffered some form of damages
You must demonstrate all four elements for a jury to judge. That is why it very important to hire an experienced car accident attorney to represent and help you, with your car accident claim.
Do Not Delay Contact our Tampa Car Accident Lawyers Today
What Our Clients Are Saying
“Mr. Alexander is the best personal injury attorney in Florida. My deepest gratitude for his commitment and relentless efforts on my behalf.
I found comfort with AJK Legal after my accident. They helped me to a speedy recovery and achieved amazing results. I recommend this law firm to those looking to recover the most after a serious injury."
“I highly recommend Mr. Korolinsky and his team. Professional and compassionate, someone was always available to address my questions or concerns.
After an unfortunate accident, Mr. Korolinsky and his team fought tooth and nail to make sure that I received the maximum compensation my family and I deserved. Thank you!!”
“I highly recommend this firm. Mr. Korolinsky is an excellent lawyer who knows how to get the right results. He fought for me when I needed it the most. Great lawyer! Great team!”
What type of compensation am I entitled to?1. Medical expenses. You are entitled to compensation for medical bills related to your injury. These include: Hospital bills Ambulance bills Physical therapy Consultations with specialists Home care Psychiatric consultations
2. Damage to property. You are entitled to compensation for damage to your property, in most cases the cost of repairing or replacing your car.
3. Pain and suffering. Also known as “non-economic damages,” pain and suffering are damages related to the invisible impacts of the accident on your quality of life. These damages are intended to compensate for the physical and mental distress resulting from the accident, such as anxiety or PTSD. Under the guidance of an experienced car accident attorney, these more difficult-to-calculate damages can represent a significant portion of your accident compensation.
4. Lost wages. If your injuries have affected your ability to work, you are entitled to compensation for lost wages. Your employer will need to provide a letter stating your wages and the hours you have lost.
5. Punitive damages. If the defendant's conduct was particularly malicious or intentional, he may also receive punitive damages. Punitive damages are awarded more to punish the defendant and discourage him from acting in a similar way in the future.
It is important to note that costs and expenses vary from case to case depending on the severity of the injuries and extent of the medical treatment.
What is meant by a “no-fault” state?Florida is a “No-Fault” insurance state because there is no requirement to prove fault after an accident. A driver's respective Personal Injury Protection insurance is responsible for paying medical bills and lost wages as a result of an accident, regardless of which driver was at-fault. Every vehicle owner and driver is required by Florida’s PIP law to carry at least $10,000 of coverage under their policy.
What is Personal Injury Protection Insurance coverage?In the state of Florida, all drivers must have Personal Injury Protection (PIP) as part of their auto insurance policy. Essentially, PIP pays for any injuries you sustain in an automobile accident, regardless of whether you were at fault or not. PIP covers medical bills (i.e., medications, surgeries, hospital expenses, rehabilitation, ambulance services), and death benefits if the driver killed in the accident. In the state of Florida, PIP only covers 80% of your medical expenses and (60% of lost wages up to $ 10,000, as well as $ 5,000 for funeral expenses in the event the policyholder dies in the accident.
What States Require Personal Injury Protection (PIP)?PIP auto insurance is required in Florida, Hawaii, Kansas, Kentucky, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, New Jersey, New York , North Dakota, Pennsylvania, Utah, and Puerto Rico. It is a compulsory add-on to auto insurance in Arkansas, Delaware, Maryland, Oregon, and Texas, and is an optional add-on in New Hampshire, South Dakota, Virginia, Washington, Wisconsin, and Washington, D.C. Minimum coverage requirements are set by state governments and may vary.
How long do I have to pursue an injury case?Under Florida Law, accident victims generally have four years from the date of the accident to file a personal injury claim.
What are my responsibilities as a driver in Tampa?Responsibilities of a driver in Tampa requires reasonable care under the circumstances in the use and handling of their vehicle. This standard applies to all drivers, including truck drivers, municipal drivers, motorcyclists, bicyclists, and any other driver of a vehicle. Tourists traveling through Tampa must also comply with Florida laws, whether they are from Tampa, from another state, or even from another country. This standard is flexible and important, because it means that even legal conduct may not be reasonable. For example, in heavy fog, it may be unreasonable to drive at a posted 55 MPH speed limit.
Why are Tampa's roads so dangerous?According to statistics, the main causes of car accidents in Tampa are:
1. Speeding: According to studies, nearly two-thirds of drivers are comfortable speeding. Unfortunately, over 30 percent of all fatal car accidents occur from speeding. For a reason, state and local governments set speed limits. By exceeding speed limits, drivers are unable to operate a vehicle with due care, which often results in serious and fatal accidents.
2. Distracted Driving: According to the CDC, in the U.S. in 2019, an estimated 450,000 were injured in crashes involving a distracted driver. Some common distractions that can result in a serious accident are: sending messages with the cell phone, using a GPS navigation system, talking with other passengers, and manipulating the car radio.
3. Driving Under the Influence: Drinking and driving is one of the leading causes of fatal accidents in Miami. In recent years, roughly 2200 accidents annually in Miami were caused by drivers under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
4. Driving at Night: Drivers who drive at night are more likely to be tired and / or under the influence of drugs or alcohol. Visibility is limited at night, which can increase the chances of an accident occurring.
5. Dangerous Road Conditions : Miami has an obligation to ensure that all of its roads are safe and free of dangerous conditions. Unfortunately, not all road hazards are addressed immediately, which can lead to serious car accidents.